Caerphilly Miners' Centre for the Community
Make a Difference Today
Since early March the Caerphilly Miners' Centre has had to close our doors to the Centre for the time being.
However, we have moved some activities online, we are busy posting new online content every day and working hard to safeguard the wellbeing of our community through this period. We will continue to communicate with our community.
We hope that our community will stay safe and look forward to seeing everyone again as soon as possible.
The Beeches was originally a mansion owned by a wealthy mining contractor, but in a remarkable endeavor it was bought by mine workers from 29 local pits using money collected via weekly contributions from their wages. It was bought in 1919 and they converted the mansion into a hospital and ‘The Miners’ as it became affectionately known went on to serve the healthcare needs of local people for nearly 90 years.